Tuesday, January 26, 2010

100th Post!!

Restoration Hardware Inspiration

I saw the new "Shutter Collection" in the Restoration Hardware Catalog. I knew that I could re-create the look for a lot less. I have "vision"!
Then I remembered seeing this ugly thing at the Goodwill...
and went back to pick it up. I figured that if it was still there it was meant to be. And there it was. You really had to squint to see it's potential.
Nice lamps, can you say "Go Broncos!"





But look what I have now. I love it!! Oh yeah, that is one of those ugly lamps by the way. I used two different kinds of spray paint on them. I primed them, then used"Cast Iron", with a light spray of "Antique Bronze" over the surface.






My husband and I are bi-coastal! Don't get all riled up now, it just means he is from Brooklyn, New York and I'm from Central California. We lived in San Francisco together for a few years in between, so The Brooklyn Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge are important to us. He used to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge every day to work in the city. I love to decorate with meaningful things to our family. (BTW the originators of Restoration Hardware lived down the street from us in San Francisco, its funny how life makes recurring circles!)
Happy 100th post to me!



Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

  1. Is this in your dining room? Is it not great that for a cheep price and a LOT of work you can have furniture that looks expensive. And then in a few years throw it out and start over. Only becase you didnt spend so much money that you feel stuck with it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it is in the upsairs hallway, between the boys' rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 100th!! Beautiful project. I love the way you let the orginal colour come through. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on 100th post! I'm a new follower and I'm loven your blog!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool Dee! You have great vision! And you're pretty handy with a paint brush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You have a great eye for restoration! I love how you can see the potential in that furniture. Thanks for stopping my blog. Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan't you just love, I mean LOVE the goodwill? Our goodwill know us.. even some of the cusotmers know us... yep life at a bargain is a happy thing. Congrats on your lovely transformation and 100 posts... what a great way to celebrate!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed 2 Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 100th post! The transformation you made on the cabinent looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks great and I love your bridge prints. Happy 100th post!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy 100th post. This is a super project.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has such a great look. Almost nautical. It also looks great with your bridge pictures. Good find and I'm glad it was "meant to be", so you could share it with us!

    ReplyDelete