Monday, March 8, 2010

Guess Who Got Thrown Under the Bus?

Sundays are great because we are all home together. My husband's work schedule is crazy during the week, so weekends at home are a luxury. Once we start baseball season it will be OVER, weekends will be spent on the diamond. So I was looking forward to GAME NIGHT! and our family's tradition of Chinese Food delivery every Sunday. Well my older son says, "How about Jim and Nick's BBQ, instead of Chinese tonight." Because I'm Eddie Murphy's mom, I think, "I can make that myself, but BETTER!". So I head off to the store, buy all of the boys favorite foods, go home make EVERYTHING from scratch and organic. Pop some chocolate chip cookies in the oven, turn on the grill OUTSIDE for a change, the weather is beautiful, it is a great Sunday!

Then his friend-girl (not to be confused with a girlfriend) texts him to come over for a fantasy baseball draft, and in one second I'm laying flat on my back under the bus.

I should probably get comfortable under there. Wow, it happens fast.

Oh by the way, the boy that threw me under the bus LOVES root beer so I concocted the yummiest Root Beer BBQ Sauce EVER! No he wasn't there to eat it but the rest of us did and it was Deeee-licious!

Recipe
1 Root Beer (the natural kind that has sugar, not corn syrup)
1 cup Orange Marmalade (I used to think it was disgusting, but it's good!)
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 tablespoon brown mustard
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke

Pour Root Beer into sauce pan and simmer until it is reduced by half. Add the rest of the ingredients and warm through. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It is sooooo goood!

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: