Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sneaky Works for Me!




I love making healthy dinners for myself and my two boys BUT they can be a little tricky. The older one just goes for volume, so he's easy to please, the younger one will inspect every detail of his food, just in case you've decided to put something healthy in there.
Since I enjoy a little drama in my stay-at-home life, I "sneak" healthy food into them without them knowing. Yeah, my life is pretty boring. Soooo Organic Broccoli Slaw is the best item in the grocery store for sneaky-ness! It is just broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red cabbage all shredded and indistinguishable from it's former self. You can put it in stir-fry, salads, pasta sauce (just pulse in the food processor a few times) where-ever you like.
For some reason they don't love Asian Chicken Chicken as much as I do. (man thing)But it amazing what you can throw in it! Green apple, spouts, almonds, sunflower seeds, Mandarin oranges....yummmmm!
Sneaky cooking works for me!
~do you love my wooden salad bowl set? Two words Gee Dub.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Oh I make this too! I add a little rice vinegar and sesame oil and the kids (and hubby) eats it up!!! so yummy.
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love broccoli slaw, too! I make Mexican cole slaw with it, adding rice vinegar, oil, lime juice, and cilantro. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete