Monday, March 1, 2010

Laundry Re-Do


I have a "dead space" in my bank of cabinets in the laundry room. It was a hot mess. The designated hanger was broken, so everything was just shoved in there. Frequently it all would come crashing down in the middle of the night. I needed a quick solution.
Lowe's Website had a great idea for a gift wrapping station, so I dedided to make it fit my cleaning needs!

I started by emptying out my mess and measuring for the pegboard.
I made pencil lines for the 1X2's.
I built a "frame" out of 1X2's an attached them to the wall.


I spray painted the pegboard white.
I attached some wall clips to the outside of my cabinets

to hold my many Swiffers.

Ta Da! Do you like it?

Now it looks organized and put together. The best part is that it is hidden from view!
All in a days work!
Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. you look so cute hanging out in the laundry room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, what a neat idea! I love that last photo, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! You are a Swiffer addict. Do they offer rehab for that? ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love those pegboards. That was a great idea. I use them in my daughters closet for her belts, necklaces, braclets, etc. Love 'em.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, and I love the pic of you enjoying it! One day in the very dim, distant future, I will give some thought to my laundry space. But I've resolved to sort out the living room, master bedroom, office, etc etc etc, first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Love your pictures too. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my laundry room! My husband and I added the counter above the washer and dryer. We picked it up at Home Depot for around $60. I love having the extra work space. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've gotta have our Swiffers but just out of sight. Love your idea. Very cute photo of you as well. Now why can't I look like that in my laundry room?

    ReplyDelete