Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


I was given many things this year. But I would have to say the best gift that I was given is the realization that every year is a gift. I said goodby to a friend right before she left this earth. It was a pivotal point in my life. She was a young mother who left behind two little babies, and a teenage son. She lived so well up to the very end. Only she knows now why she was chosen to move on. I will never say that cancer took her. I give the power to give and take to God only. I would never want to give "cancer" that much power. All I know is that nobody gets to choose how life goes from day to day. Each year is a blessing, we should treat it as an important one.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy your gift each and every day. I love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is simply amazing! I found your link through A Soft Place to Land last week and have been addicted to your site ever since. Hard to believe that so many different and absolutely wonderful blogs link up in one place every week.

    I have so much to learn. :)

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it's late...Happy Birthday Dee!!!

    ReplyDelete