Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hanukkah Decorations

My MIL saved this Hanukkah banner from the 1960's. She gave it to me and I love the retro colors of orange, mustard, turquoise and white. I would have never guessed that when I sprayed the Goodwill lamps orange, I could find a million places to show them off! The menorahs on the table have been collected from my husbands family and some we have added along the way. It is really beautiful if you light one for every person in the family. Be careful by the end of the week that is a lot of flames! (8 nights)
Isn't it pretty close up? I love it taped up letters and all....

Happy Festival of Lights!


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. I love it! That was nice of her to give it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I just love seeing multiple menorahs clustered together (and your right about the 7th/8th night fire hazzard, hee hee)....and who would think that banner would look so modern and stylish after all these years? With your lamps and the dark wood and stark white...very Jonathan Adler I would say. Tres Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Hanukah decorations ever. Go to Aunt Peaches and see her purple glitter dinosaur menorah. She also made one when she was a kid out of a bottle and gold paint. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duh, she just commented right before me. Go to her blog and read the post about making fake flowers at her Grandmother's house in NJ and the hippy that lived under the house. WET Your PANTS funny. Ann

    ReplyDelete