Wednesday, April 14, 2010

S'more Please!

Those cute ridges in the first picture sort of baked out in the oven. I couldn't let the dough chill long enough because I was so excited to eat them! I have some dough left over in the freezer, so I'll see if the ridges stay next time.

Just fire up your grill pan, (or any pan) and toast away!!


Yuuhuhuh...ummmm


My son asked if we could make s'mores in the fire pit the other night. Well, it was too cold to sit around the fire pit, but it did put a little idea in my mind.
I decided to make indoor s'mores, but then I decided to kick it into high gear and make homemade marshmallows and homemade graham crackers. I couldn't figure out how to make homemade chocolate so I melted some dark chocolate chips out of the bag. Yummmmmmm!!

Okay here's where the drama kicks in. I was making marshmallows with Smitten Kitchen's recipe. My kitchen was a disaster, there was marshmallow all over me and in my hair, I finally get them in the pan, and I cannot tell you how excited I was for my younger son to try them........drumroll.....then he says, "I like the ones from the bag better." What? Guess what...I got the same response from the homemade graham crackers.....

So I decided these S'mores are adults only. BUT then I realized I really couldn't get any adult excited about eating s'mores at 3 o'clock in the afternoon for no good reason. Dilema. I decided to eat one instead of dinner, and let me tell you it was the best thing EVER!!

Give those taste-bud lacking children the cheap store bought stuff and make yourself and your significant others something yummy!! (Older boy hasn't tried them yet, and he has never actually met a food he doesn't like.) My husband goes on girly diets every once in a while, so we'll see if he's eating sugar this week. I'm not the dieting kind of gal. That's because I eat everything in moderation. That doesn't work for him.

The recipes are on Smitten Kitchen:
http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/05/graham-crackers/

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/06/springy-fluffy-marshmallows
Come on.... try it!!
(I'm a s'more pusher!)

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. there's an adult over here who wouldn't mind a s'more at 3 in the afternoon. or anytime really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why must post like these come up when im starting another diet?
    they do llok good-i will prob have to try them for my birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade s'mores at 3pm? Yes, please! You are the best mommy ever!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same experience many years ago when my children went to the neighbor house to get store bought cookies instead of my home made ones I made... REMEMBER!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is brilliant! I love s'mores, and I want to reach through my computer to grab that one off the plate! Yum-EEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh...they look soooo yummy! Hope you have a FUN week:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete