Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My new favorite

So


Easy
But soo good! I just cut corn tortillas into wedges, pop them on a baking sheet, spritz with olive oil, add sea salt and True Lime, bake for 10 minutes at 450. Keep your eyes on them for the last minute so you can make them the perfect shade of golden. I like mine a little dark. Viola! Yummy, healthy-ish chips!! I guess it isn't healthy to eat the entire pan, so start crunching at your own risk!
You can use lime juice and lime zest for extra special yumminess. True Lime is just dehydrated lime juice, and it's great for adding a little something.



Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! That is a great idea because lime tortilla chips is one of the things we miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also do something similar with flour toritllas. Butter or oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Oven bake. Yummy dessert chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make chips like this a lot...my kids lov'em...but I haven't tried them with True Lime...but I am now...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought corn tortillas last night. I have an avocado too...

    I'm headed to the kitchen at this very moment to make a batch of "healthy" chips and make the guacamole.

    Does this make a healthy breakfast? I think so... sorta. No worse than leftover cold pizza!

    Talk to you soon ;)
    Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete