Sunday, June 27, 2010

Best Ever Part II

We took a little train ride through the San Joaquin Valley to see the cousins...
we passed through beautiful farm land, these are peaches...

...grapes

Enjoyed the fresh air....and sun dried laundry....

and took a garden tour hosted by my Great Aunt Ruth...the farmer...
I need to learn how to can...
her beautiful eggplant...look at that color!

string beans...

this beet is going to seed...she is collecting seeds for next year's planting

berries for the kids to pick...

gotta have tomatoes...

Can you see the asparagus....it's in the middle there...

This beautiful flower is ...... Okra!
Such a beautiful flower for such a disgusting vegetable!

my apologies to those who love okra (dad)...
This is my beautiful Great Aunt Ruth......in front of her amazing little farm patch....a lady never tells, but she is eighty-something-years-young! I wish I lived closer so I could hang out in her garden and learn how to do everything she makes look so effortless. She is the last of the farmers in the family, I think we need to start taking lessons!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment