Monday, September 28, 2009

Time



Time is defined as: a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.

What?!

No wonder I don't get it. That may have confused you as well. I recently lost my perception of time. This can scare you at first, but in the scheme of life does it really matter that much? When my perception of time left, it was replaced with a nice gift. Calmness. I don't have that crazy, I'm running out of time! Someone needs a lunch packed NOW!! The uniforms need to be cleaned RIGHT NOW!!! It doesn't bother me because I just don't get the panic. I'm pretty lucky if you ask me. The lunches are packed and the uniforms are clean because I didn't get to leave the house unsupervised for SIX entire months. In that six months of no driving I gained a sense of calmness for lack of a better word. I'm not rushed inside of my brain. (Does that make sense) I'm not this happy housewife that needs everything perfect at all times, all unicorns and butterflies. I'm really not. BUT I gained the value of being at home, and enjoying every minute of it.

After the accident happened the doctor told me to call in some favors, "because I was going to need some help." He wanted me to say NO. No to the charities that I was working with, NO to driving my children here and there, NO to cooking unsupervised, NO to anyone and everything that was not of utmost importance. I had to call my parents in to take care of me and my family for a few weeks. They came right away and helped me......(fill in all of the blanks here) cooking, cleaning,...I don't really know what. Everything I guess is the right word. I realized that the boys got home from school, the charities ran without me, dinner got on the table, and everyone was taken care of.

I know that most people don't have the option to take six months off and say NO to everyone but those living inside your own house. It really changed my perception of being rushed. Rushed to do what?

Rushed left. He is not missed.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. when time has gone by....when the healing is done....when my prayers have been ansered...You will be better than before... the accident will have been a gift...Who knew??Not me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via a comment left on niecuiseine....enjoyed reading. I think I'd like to try the Matzo Ball soup (we're all doing illness at our place also). Happy Belated New Year!

    ReplyDelete